You will find step by step how to activate Dark Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S20. Certainly, Dark Mode is a great way to save battery life, it looks cool on your device, and above all, by activating could protect your eyes.
Here you can find all steps needed to turn on Dark Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S20 device.
Activate Dark Mode from Settings
1. Swipe down from the top and hit Settings button (gear button);
2. Scroll down and click on Display button;
3. Turn on Dark Mode with a click on “Dark” button;
4. If you want to set up a schedule click on “Dark Mode Settings”;
5. Click on “Turn on as scheduled”;
6. Here you can choose between “Sunset to sunrise” or “Custom schedule”.
Activate Dark Mode from the Quick panel menu
1. Swipe down from top twice and look for “Dark Mode” settings, with a crescent moon icon.
2. Press this button and you’ve managed to activate Dark Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S20.
What are the pros and cons of Dark Mode?
Pros for using Dark Mode on Samsung Galaxy S20
Energy-saving – dark background need less energy than the white background
May reduce eye strain – the dark background is more friendly for your eyes.
Minimizing light blue – protective for your eyes.
Cons for using Dark Mode on Samsung Galaxy S20
You may encounter difficulties when reading for example for larger paragraphs.
The Dark Mode may be activated on all new Samsung devices and you will be able to use it on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 which is rumored to launch soon.
If you buy through a link displayed on this site we may earn affiliate commissions from Amazon. We would like to thank you.
In conclusion it’s easy to activate Dark Mode if you follow the above steps so you can use your Samsung Galaxy S20 more comfortably at night and to conserve battery. If you want to see how to show the battery percentage click here to find out step by step how to display on the status bar the battery level on your Samsung Galaxy S20.
Answer to FAQ
I want to automatically schedule the activation of Dark Mode, but I don’t know what hours should I use
If you don’t know exactly what hours to use, we recommend you to activate the schedule to turn automatically on between Sunset and Sunrise (you must have Location turned on).